20 Things you Really SHOULD NOT Share!Posted by Tracy Baker on Feb 8, 2013 in Blog, Social Media | 6 comments
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Social Media and focus my energy specifically on Facebook, Twitter and Linked In. I use these platforms on a personal level for social networking as well as being part of an integral marketing strategy for Coffee Not Included.
That said, whilst I appreciate the word “Social” in Social Network, the content that some people post and tweet leaves me speechless at times. If you are using Social Media for your business, PLEASE take it seriously, try as much as possible to keep your personal and business profiles separate.
In today’s post I thought I would give you guys my own view on some things that should definitely NOT be shared
So here are my Top 20 Tips to protect your brand and your reputation as well as your bank account:
DO NOT SHARE:
1. How many cows you milked or chickens you have plucked on Farmville
2. Party photos showing you in an alcohol induced state.
3. That you are having a party – you may get inundated with uninvited guests
4. Complaining about your boss – enough said!
5. That you are going on holiday
6. Your daily schedule
7. What you ate for breakfast
8. Dramas with your friends
9. That you are having an affair
10. Photos of the Office Christmas Party
11. That you are planning a “sickie”
12. Photos of you blatantly not sick on a “sickie”
13. Your bodily functions
14. Extreme blasphemy
15. How to get more friends/followers/likes – sounds like a scam
16. Posting an hour by hour account of what you are doing … it’s very annoying
17. Extreme views on race, religion or politics
18. Hints to passwords, or worse still your mobile phone number (unless of course you have privacy settings to prevent the world from seeing it)
19. Constant selling, filling up timelines with the same sales pitch time and time again will turn people off faster than a light switch.
20. Finally, if you are not comfortable about sharing it …. guess what? ….. DON’T DO IT!
Can you think of other things that should not be shared on Social Media Networks?