Could you be an Entrepreneur?Posted by Tracy Baker on Nov 22, 2013 in Blog, Mind Matters | 4 comments
I didn’t think I was!! Seriously, coming from a secretarial and administrative background, processes and detail were second nature so I never honestly considered myself to be an entrepreneur … that was for other people, the creative, inspired people, those that lived life on the edge.
It also never crossed my mind that my attitudes and skills could potentially be blended with the traits so often found in those I considered to be true entrepreneurs. Generally it’s found that those with an attention for detail and creating systems are methodical and logical that they are not able to think in an innovative way.
A few more years down the line and I am pleased to say that I’ve been proved wrong. Having worked alongside some truly creative and exciting entrepreneurs and spent copious amounts of time on my own personal development I have found that you can be both. It is possible to have an organised mind with entrepreneurial flair.
The moral of this story I guess is that I truly believe we never stop learning and nor should we, life is an endless journey of discovery for those who wish to tread the path
So today I would like you to participate in my test – could you be an entrepreneur?
Here’s a test for you.
Answer these questions “yes” or “no.” Keep track of how many you answer “yes.”
- Do you feel that you have so much more to give the world than what you are doing currently in your work?
- Are there things that you want to do in your life that you cannot possibly do whilst working a regular job?
- Are you sick of listening to the “sensible” voices in your life who always seem to tell you the safest most secure way to live?
- Does working hard on something you really care about make you feel good?
- Do you enjoy helping others and care enough about people to help solve their problems?
- Do you want a life with more than just money and status?
- Are you able to live with uncertainty? (Do you feel OK about not knowing what is it you’ll be doing next year, or where your next pay cheque will come from (at least temporarily)
- Do you seriously think this little quiz can tell you what you should do with your life? (I was just making sure you were actually paying attention)
So how many did you answer YES to?
What do you consider to be the characteristics of an entrepreneur?